Saturday, February 6, 2010

A 15-headed Hydra Breathing All Over You


I'm at work right now fooling employees I preside over into thinking that I'm laboring over their well-being and meticulously scheming to improve their work performance. In actuality I'm typing this up and ignoring them. That's not the point though. The point is that I'm at my day job while I'm supposed to be 1 of 15 people belting out the lyrics to ambiguous protest songs at Bank Row Studios right now.

Yes. As I type this, The Trials and Tribulations is in the studio (sans me) torturing Justin Pizzoferato (Dinosaur Jr., Sonic Youth) with it's folk-sludge mash of 5409 individuals all braying in cacophonous unison. I'll be joining them tomorrow to lay down some synth squiggles and crunchy organ drones on "Quebec", an evil, swampy rendition of "You are my Sunshine", and the epic and absolutely fucking crushing "President Arbenz' Last Smile". Now I've had my doubts about T&T before. I'll be the first to admit that it can be a chaotic mess. In a bad way. But after the recording rehearsal last weekend, all of those doubts were shattered like the dreams of a pregnant teenager. Mark my words: this will be far more monstrous than even I anticipated.

Completely unrelated: Just a reminder for some shows coming up...

SYLPHID
playing Sat. Feb 6 @ The Yellow Sofa (24 Main St. Northampton, MA)
all ages
free
starts at 8pm

PONDS
playing Sat. Feb 20 @ The Brass Cat (65 Cottage St. Easthampton, MA)
with
BLACK PYRAMID
BLUE STAR BURNS RED
21+
$5?
starts at around 8:30

SYLPHID
playing Feb 28 @ The Elevens (140 Pleasant St. Northampton, MA)
providing the soundtrack to Scott Alden's TRIALS OF GARY
MORE INFO TO COME!!!
21+
9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment